Category: Technology

Cracking The “Laravel Vs. Cakephp” debate

I started off this thread to compare 2 frameworks for my next project which would have a team of 20 developers. Team experience was a bit skewed on CakePHP, but the experience outside the organization was tilted towards Laravel. The community buzz was definitely biased towards Laravel, but I wasn’t sure. Hence, I started to

Continue reading

Making Thread Dumps Intelligent

When you have to spend hours and hours and mostly on night, weekends and your anniversaries you ask yourself what could I have done better during development to make this all go easy on me.

Thread Dumps are you best friend when a production application (Java) crashes and if you can enable it to tell you something about the application then thats something. Here I have explained how and have included a bunch of Java Code you can reuse.

Unit Testing in AEM (thinking loud)

Unit testing is an art – an art that doesn’t need to be confined to boundaries drawn decades back. AEM has made unit testing even more tough with its evolution and people are still trying to find the best fit aka what will work for them.

This article tries to explain some of my thoughts and what ways i would like to tackle unit testing in AEM and it’s not traditional in any ways.

I dont think there is one right way of doing it and this is just a beginning….

High availability design

Of course, eventually with many fixes over time you will eradicate a lot of cases that led to failures but it would have taken you so long and the reputation that the brand holds do dear is already damaged. You can chose to design for High Availability or you can chose to be just like Indian Railways – always delayed and always cancelled – a perspective that will i don’t think will ever be fixed no matter what they do.

AEM Development Workflow – Part 3 (Coding Old School)

The journey was nothing but painful all along the way. It took me 5 hours to do what should have been a few minutes job. The Site developer had the code up and running in a HTML file in a browser and all I had to do was to make it work “as is” within CQ. It seemed like the Force of Nature were working against me and everything I did, had a problem in it. I finally got it up and running (the designs done match off as is still), but it was excruciating pain.