In my case, it was not an invention, but it sure was a learning experience as I started exploring maven-site-plugin. This plugin generates various reports for a maven project including those that have been configured in the pom.xml file. However, it was not a straight forward implementation because I had some additional requirements like placing Google Analytics Code and placing custom Project information on my site. In this post, I will make an attempt to explain some of the things I did to help me generate my site
A set of utilities and classes that I have found useful over the years with features like Improved Loggers, Database Setup and many more.
In enterprise world, where performance holds the key to everything; the Concurrency patterns bring to table a very interesting and effective solution. One specific pattern Producer and Consumer allow us to write programs with high throughput and get the job done much quickly. This pattern provides us a solution for a common problem where we have to migrate data form System 1 to System 2 and in the process we need to do three tasks: Load data from Database based on groups, Process and Update the records back
For many years now, I have always found myself going back to TestNG whenever it comes to doing Unit Testing with Java Code. Everytime, I picked up TestNG, people have asked me why do I go over to TestNG especially with JUnit is provided by the default development environment like Eclipse or Maven. Continuing the… Read More »
Many years back, I moved over into Java world and when I was asked to implement my very first security implementation, I realized that there was no easy way to do this and many clients would actually want us to use LDAP for authentication and authorization. For many years, I continued to use that. And, then one day in a discussion with a client, we were asked to provide SSO implementation and client did not have an existing setup like SiteMinder. I started to think about if we can go about using NTML based authentication. The reason that was possible was because the application we were asked to build was to be used within the organization itself and all the people were required to login into a domain.